A virtual fax number is a simplified method of receiving fax messages. There is no need fora telephone line and does not chain you to the device while receiving a message. It works by the following principle:
- You choose and register a number in any of 50 countries.
- In the settings, you specify an email address to receive the messages.
- All documents transferred by fax to your virtual fax number are decrypted and forwarded to your email in a PDF format.
- If your company needs to relocate, you do not need to change the number and inform all your customers and partners — the virtual fax number does not have a residence address or any other link to your location. The number is associated only with the data you configured in the settings.
- It is worth paying attention to the fact that you cannot use a virtual fax number to send SMS or receive regular phone calls.
Having a virtual number gives you two of the most important benefits for a business owner: